Saturday 18 June 2011

Vicco Turmeric Skin Cream Review

Today, I'm going to review the Vicco turmeric skin care cream. As we all know, turmeric is widely used as a spice in Indian kitchen. It works as a natural antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, blood purifier and digestive system supporter. We also are aware of the ritual in traditional Indian wedding where Haldi (turmeric) is applied to bridegrooms, because the turmeric has health benefits of cleaning and toning skin, improving its color, increasing strength of the body etc.



Many women use it as packs or face masks on regular basis. Turmeric ointment, or a paste made from powdered turmeric can be used to treat cuts, scrapes, and skin conditions such as acne, diaper rash, and psoriasis. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

What the product claims:
Prevents and cures skin infections, inflammation, blemishes, wounds and other skin disorders. It soothes boils, pimples, acne and burns. It nourishes the skin, improves tonal value and makes it fair and beautiful.



Price: Rs. 83 for 30g

Ingredients: This product is formulation of 16% turmeric, 1.2% sandalwood oil in a non-grease base.

Why I purchased it?
I bought this from a recommendation of a friend of mine when I was in school. I started using this to reduce the scars I had got from pimples. Vicco turmeric has turmeric as its major ingredient; which was tempting to try this cream because of all medicinal values of turmeric.

How did I use it?
I used it at night. I would use a gentle cleanser, and I would apply this Turmeric cream at night. I did this for about two to three months. This is how it looks...


Pros:
  • It was quite effective in reducing my pimple scars and making my skin tone even.
  • It works well for me for minor skin infections, inflammation, blemishes, wounds etc.
  • It has very soothing and cooling effect 
  • Decent packagaing
  • Only little cream is needed to cover full face
  • Fits in my budget
  • Easily available everywhere
Cons:
  • The cream base may not be that good for very dry skin.
  • I do not like the fragrance, it’s too strong for me 
  • It gave me a yellowish tone , this may not be a con to some people
  • Full ingredients list is not given on the pack
Would I recommend it?
Yes, I would recommend it to solve minor skin problems… its quite effective in reducing scars, blemishes and wounds. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin.

Ratings: I would give 4.5 out 5... minus 0.5 for its strong smell :)

4 comments:

  1. I use to own a turmeric face cleanser and it done wonders for my skin.

    Josie Collins

    http://josiecollinsmakeupartist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. vicco turmeric cream is amazing.. It works on well for acne skin!! I bought it at emporiumonnet.com online

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sir / madam,
    this is revathi gopal from bangalore,
    today i have seen u r add in times of india. which is 10 % off on MRP,but in shops they are telling that offer products not deliver so please tel me ,can i purchase from u online cash on delivery this offer products, let us know this,regards,
    revathigopal,
    my mai id is revathipuneeth2006@gmail.com,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thai Duong Turmeric Cream here: http://www.enjoy-vietnam.com/skin-care/120-turmeric-skin-cream.html

    ReplyDelete